Learn the basic steps to using Vision's site selection tool
The site selection tool helps you filter parcels in a geographic area using a set of predetermined filters, or by letting you request additional filters. The resulting deliverable is a data layer of parcels that you can filter further by a set of preset filters, then export to a Project to use in snapshots or create Transect Reports.
Here's generally how it works:
- You will create a search area using the polygon tool, uploading a KML, or searching by a county or counties
- Next, you will fill in the site selection request form, choosing the min or max parcel acreage you want to search for and include any additional requested filters (additional fees may apply for additional filter requests).
- Once you have submitted your request, your request will appear in the site selection layers list with a grey dot, signaling that your request has been submitted.
- Within 1-2 business days, your site selection will be complete and marked with a green dot, signaling that your request is complete. You will also get an email notifying you that your request is complete.
- To further filter your parcels, expand the filter button to the right of the layer name.
- Export your final parcel selection to Projects by using the Export As button, or clicking on one or more individual parcels in your site selection layer, selecting Add to AOI, then save as a Project.
To learn more about any of these steps, click on the inline links above.
Still confused? Reach out to customer support on our chat bot to talk to a human!