Find the right parcels of land for your next project using our site selection tool
Our site selection tool helps you find the right parcels of land for your next project. Once you define a search area and the min/max parcel sizes you are seeking, the tool provides a subset parcel data layer. You can then further filter parcels using a set of predetermined filters like slope, presence of floodplains, distance to a transmission line, etc. Once you have found the right collection of parcels for your project, you can export them to a Project to share with others or create a Transect Report.
Here's generally how it works:
- From the Start a New Project widget in the map, click Select Run a Site Selection
- Choose the way you want to create the area where you want to find parcels (search area):
- Upload KML;
- Draw a polygon;
- Around a line (will require you to enter a search radius);
- Around a point (will require you to enter a search radius);
- Quick Select Map Items (allows you to choose an existing map layer like a transmission line, and define the search area radius around it), OR
- Choose a county or city.
- Click Next
- Complete the Site Selection Request Form, including the Add Buildable Area Layer section.
- Once you have submitted your request, your request will appear in the site selection layers list on the Site Selection tab with a grey dot, signaling that your request has been submitted.
- Within 20 min to 2 hours (depending on how big your search area is), your site selection will be complete and marked with a green dot, signaling that your request is complete. You will also get an email notifying you that your request is complete.
- To further filter your parcels, expand the filter button to the right of the layer name.
- Export your final parcel selection to Projects by using the Export As button, or clicking on one or more individual parcels in your site selection layer, selecting Add to AOI, then save as a Project.
- Or, use the buildable area quick select tool to find the right parcels based on your desired buildable acreage.
Still confused? Reach out to customer support on our chat bot to talk to a human!