Learn how to share a project in Vision with others on your team.
When in Vision, you may want to share a project with others on your team. You can do this two ways:
Share a snapshot that includes the project
Sharing a snapshot that includes a project will share the project with everyone on your team. You can unshare the project from selected users by removing them in the main Projects menu item.
- Create a new snapshot that includes the project or projects that you want to share with others.
- Find Snapshots in the Vision menu bar, and navigate to Share > Viewable to my Organization.
- You will get a reminder that snapshots are shared with everyone on your team. If you are ok with that, click Share.
- Now, the project will be available in Vision to everyone on your team.
Add users from the Project menu item
Adding users this way allows you to pick which users get access to a project.
To begin, find the Project menu located at the very top of the Transect application.
- In the Project menu item, search for the name of the project that you want to share, and click on it.
- In the Edit Project page, find the Project Users box on the lefthand side of the screen.
- In the dropdown box under Add New User, select the name of the user from your company that you want to add.
- Choose the role you want to assign to the user
- Admin: Can share the project with others in your organization
- User: Cannot share the project with others in your organization
- Click 'Add User'
- To remove a project from a user, find their name under Project Users, and use the red trashcan icon to remove them. They will no longer have access to the project unless you share it with them again as part of a snapshot or add them back as a user.