Learn how to create, share, and manage your snapshots in Vision
A snapshot is a saved collection of projects, data layers, backgrounds, and map positioning. You can think of it like a photograph of whatever is showing in your map view at the time of snapshot creation. You can create and save snapshots and reopen them later, and you can share snapshots with others on your team.
To create a snapshot:
- Set up the the projects, data layers, backgrounds, and map positioning that you want to create a snapshot for.
- In the top menu bar, select Snapshots > Create New. Your snapshot is now saved.
- The text above the menu changes to "Unnamed Snapshot". Click on it to give your snapshot a name.
To close out of an open snapshot:
- From an open snapshot, select Snapshots > Close.
To share a snapshot:
Sharing a snapshot will share the snapshot and any associated projects with all of the users in your organization.
- In the top menu bar, select Snapshots > Share > Viewable to my organization.
To unshare a snapshot:
- In the top menu bar, select Snapshots > Share > Only Viewable to Me
If you un-share a snapshot, the snapshot will be removed from all users in your organization, but those users will retain copies of the projects shared as part of those snapshots.
To open a saved or shared snapshot:
- In the top menu bar, select Snapshots > Open
- Choose from the list of My Snapshots or Company Snapshots (Company Snapshots are snapshots shared with you)
To leave a comment in a shared snapshot:
- When a snapshot is shared, a comment bubble icon will appear in the lefthand navigation column under the project tab.
- Open the comment tab and use the comment box at the bottom to create and post comments for your team. Comments are visible to all team members with whom the snapshot is shared.
To delete a snapshot:
- Open the snapshot you wish to delete
- In the top menu bar, select Snapshots > Delete