Organize your projects in Vision by using folders
We know your list of projects in Vision can get long, and we want to help you stay organized. We present to you - project folders!
Project folders allow you to group a collection of Projects in Vision. This article will show you how to:
- Create a new empty folder
- Add one or more projects to a folder
- Remove a project from a folder
- Delete a folder
Create a new empty folder
- Open the Projects tab in Vision
- Click on the "New Folder" button
- Give your new folder a name in the Create folder popup, click Save to create the folder or Close to cancel.
- The folder now displays in your list of projects.
Add one or more projects to an existing folder
- From the Projects tab in vision, select the project(s) you want to add to a folder by "checking" the box
- Click on the "Add to Folder" button
- From the dropdown list, select the folder where you want to add the project(s)
- Click Save. The selected projects have been added to the folder
You can also add one or more projects to a new folder by selecting all of the projects you want to group in a folder, then clicking the "New Folder" button, giving the folder a name, and clicking "Save"
Remove a project from a folder
- From the Projects tab in Vision, find and expand the folder where the project you want to remove currently resides.
- Click on the eyeball icon next to the project
- At the top of the resulting window next to the project name, you will see the folder tag. Click the "X" on the tag to remove this project from the folder.
- Close the window. The project has been removed from the folder.
Delete a folder
- To delete a folder, click on the trashcan icon to the right of the folder name.
- When asked if you are sure you want to delete the folder, choose Yes.
- The folder and its contents will be deleted.
Folders containing projects that have Transect Reports associated with the project cannot be deleted.